GoFetch respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
This policy does not apply to our employees and job applicants. Please contact human resources for privacy details applicable in that case.
2. What personal information about me does GoFetch collect or hold?
GoFetch may hold the following information about you:
- name, street address, telephone number(s)
- date of birth
- email address
- credit card or bank account details
- drivers licence / passport details
- details regarding deliveries arranged through our Platform
- if you are a Fetcher – your current GPS location in the course of performing a delivery
- any additional information provided to our service centre
- any information you provide to us through customer surveys
We may be unable to provide our services to you if you do not provide some personal information. For example, without name and contact details it is impractical for us to permit you to use our Platform to arrange deliveries.
If at any time you provide the personal information of another person to us, then you must ensure that that person has read and understood this policy and separately consents to that personal information being used and disclosed by us for the above purposes.
3. How does GoFetch collect and hold personal information?
We collect information about you primarily directly from you, particularly when you first register with us as a Customer or Fetcher. We may also collect your personal information:
- through our Platform (including when you update your details)
- if you are part of an organisation – when your organisation provides it to us
- otherwise in the course of providing or promoting our services, including from any Customer or Fetcher with whom you engage for a delivery.
We hold most personal information electronically (and to a lesser extent in hard copy form), primarily at our own premises (but also at the premises of a limited number of service providers). We take reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold.
4. What does GoFetch do with personal information about me?
We use personal information about you:
- to assist in operating the Platform and services to you in connection with it
- to assist Fetchers (if you are a Customer) or Customers (if you are a Fetcher) in relation to deliveries in which you are involved
- to assist with any calls you make to us or our service centre
- for any other purpose made known to you at the time of collection of your personal information
- to communicate promotional offers and special events
- for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
- potentially, to protect our legal interests or in connection with a sale of our business or company
- to improve our products and services
- to send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to contact you for market research purposes by email, phone, or mail
- to customise the website according to your interests or preferences.
However we will never sell your information.
GoFetch will not disclose personal information about you to any person except on a confidential basis to contractors that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us (other than as required for the operation of our business, e.g. regarding payments by or to you, or regarding organising or completing deliveries).
5. Overseas disclosure
GoFetch does not disclose personal information to any overseas recipient.
6. Access and correction
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by writing to GoFetch at the address below. If we hold personal information that you are entitled to access, then within a reasonable period after your request we will provide you with access. If we refuse your request then we will give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
We will provide access in the manner you request if it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If it is not reasonable and practicable to provide access in that manner then we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and respond to you within a reasonable period after your request. If we do not agree that it should be amended, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it and will also give you a written statement setting out the reasons for the refusal (unless unreasonable to give them), and the process we provide if you wish to complain about the refusal.
Our contact details are as follows:
Level 1, 237 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Live chat: www.go-fetch.com.au
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by GoFetch, should also be made in writing to the address above.
If you lodge a complaint, we will let you know the name of the individual responsible for taking care of it, and will tell you when we will provide a full response.
In this policy:
GoFetch means Go Fetch Co Pty Ltd ACN 605 466 546, which has issued this policy.
Personal information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act
Platform means our website, mobile apps and any other technology that we provide for you to use.
This policy represents our policy as at 15 July 2015. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on GoFetch in any way. From time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. GoFetch may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.